Lausanne, October 18, 2023 – EHL Hospitality Business School, established in 1893 as the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, introduces the first edition of the EHL Art of Service Trophy. A first-of-its-kind competition in Switzerland that will showcase talented professionals from all backgrounds in the heart of the Table and Service Arts.
A Must-Attend Event for Enthusiasts
True to its commitment to the hospitality industry and knowledge transmission, the oldest hospitality school in the world continues to set the pace for the industry and envisions a new competition that combines finesse, expertise, and creativity. Participants will have the opportunity to mingle with fellow table enthusiasts and service wizards, discuss industry trends, and unveil their crafts with showmanship.
"Whether you're a seasoned maître d'hôtel, an aspiring sommelier, or a steward brimming with ideas, come showcase your talents and make a mark on the Swiss national stage at the EHL Art of Service Trophy. We look forward to a sophisticated competition in which participants will create unforgettable and unmatched hospitality experiences," says Thomas Fefin, Director of EHL's starred training restaurant, Berceau des Sens, and “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” in the Maître d'Hôtel, Service and Arts of the Table category.
An Exceptional Jury of Professionals from Across Switzerland
To judge the contestants, EHL's experienced teams will be joined by several renowned professionals, including:
· Sarah Benahmed, Dining Room Director of the restaurant La Table at the Lausanne Palace
· Diane Blanch, Director of the Anne-Sophie Pic restaurant at the Beau-Rivage Palace in Lausanne and winner of the Maître d'Hôtel Trophy in Lyon
· Adrien De Haller, Deputy General Manager of the Bellevue Palace in Bern
· Caroline Ogi, Restaurateur of the Casy restaurant in Crans-Montana
· Stefano Petta, Director and sommelier of the Widder restaurant in Zurich
· Esteban Valle, Service Director of Domaine Châteauvieux in Satigny and elected "Host of the Year 2024" by Gault & Millau
· Louis Villeneuve, former Dining Room Director of the Hôtel de Ville restaurant in Crissier and voted "Best Dining Room Director in the World."
Several Challenges and a Final in Lausanne
To select the six competition finalists, the jury will evaluate, among other things, a video clip from participants introducing the restaurant where they work and a specific occasion when they provided remarkable customer service. The six finalists will then compete in four distinct challenges: a cocktail creation, filleting, flambé, and a surprise challenge.
The final of the EHL Art of Service Trophy will take place on March 16, 2024, on the Lausanne campus, during EHL's open house day. Just over 100 seats will be available for the general public to attend the event. The top three professionals of this competition will be rewarded with various prizes and will benefit from unique visibility. Online registrations are open until December 17, 2023, and all information is available on the dedicated competition page.