Lausanne, 9 March 2023 – From 13 to 15 March 2023, students of EHL Hospitality Business School are hosting the 13th edition of the world's largest student-led Young Hospitality Summit (YHS) at EHL's newly designed campus in Lausanne.For almost 130 years, EHL Hospitality Business School, founded as Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, has stood for global excellence and pioneering hospitality management education. Since 2010, the Young Hospitality Summit (YHS), organized by EHL students, provides a unique platform to exchange ideas and fosters a valuable intergenerational dialogue in a context of labor shortage and “Great Resignation”. The aim of YHS is to create a transgenerational space where Gen Z students and industry professionals come together to discuss challenges and opportunities, create interactive experiences and network.
The theme of YHS 2023 is “Circularity” and the detailed program can be found here. The focus is on future key topics of the hospitality sector such as regenerative development, human centricity, human connectivity, technological elevation and continuous learning.
The topics will be highlighted in numbers of expert panels, keynotes, roundtables, and networking opportunities. Leading decision-makers, students, organizations, and guests around the world will present a view of the future. Special highlights in the program will be keynote speeches by :
- Floor Bleeker, Chief Technology Officer at Accor
- Phil Le-Brun, AWS Enterprise Strategist at Amazon
- Michael Levie, Founder at CitizenM and Kube Ventures
- Marloes Knippenberg, Chief Executive Officer at Kerten Hospitality
- Xenia zu Hohenlohe, Co-Founder & CSO at Considerate Group
- Dr. Carole Ackermann, President of the EHL Board of Directors and Trustees
YHS over the years has brought together over 3,000 participants, 40 speakers and over 30 global partners to create a unique platform that is second to none.
“It is a privilege to organize the Young Hospitality Summit together with a great team. With the 2023 program, we hope to deliver YHS values: curiosity, connection, and empowerment through insightful discussions,” say Chan Lena and Radojevic Aleksandar, cores of the 2023 YHS and EHL students.
- Link to YHS program here.
- Link to Livestream here.
- Link to high resolution pictures of YHS previous editions here. (© EHL Hospitality Business School)